Tuesday, January 24, 2012

I'm baaaaack

A lot has happened since I last updated... I have moved to Pittsburgh, finished my first semester of grad school (just 3 more to go!), pulled various all-nighters (by choice and by circumstance) and had time to try out lots of different recipes and restaurants, among other things! But I'll leave it at that..

Since it's been so long.. I'm just going to post a bunch of pictures, so here we go!

The first picture features my favorite thanksgiving food EVER.. Homemade crescent rolls. This past thanksgiving was the first time that I made them all by myself... I will have to post the recipe at a later time because it is at my parents' house.



 Taking a break from the food theme.. I got these wonderful Blank cards from the Warhol Museum... Free admission with a Pitt ID! The Pitt ID is like a VIP pass.. free bus access, free museums, etc... my only complaint is that bars aren't included.  Pittsburgh is crazy expensive! So its the LEAST that they can do! ;P



Going back to food (how can I resist).  This is one of my favorite pasta recipes.  It is super easy to make.  All you need is pasta, olive oil, lemon juice, basil, and feta cheese.  Like a true chef, you don't need to measure the ingredients.  Just keep tasting and adding until it tastes good!  I can't even remember how many times I've made this.

Yummmmmy!

My birthday just passed recently (The Big 2-5!) and my friend Christina painted this beautiful picture for me.  She is extremely talented.  You should check her out! Seriously, I am so jealous of her artistic abilities...   http://www.etsy.com/people/waterforhearts?ref=si_pr

And a Christmas gift from my parents.. I couldn't help it, I had to post this.  Michael Kors! <3

A recent obsession... nail polish.. ever since I saw a friends collection last weekend, I just went crazy.  This is total bling bling.  It's Milani Jewel FX GEMS.



Today after sitting through 3 hours of class, I decided to be spontaneous and try a recipe that I've been thinking about forever, bacon wrapped dates stuffed with gorgonzola cheese.




 Ingredients:
All you need is bacon, medjool (or any other brand) dates, and gorgonzola cheese.  You will need differing amounts depending on how many you want to make.  I made 10 stuffed dates using 10 Medjool brand dates (they are pretty big!), 5 pieces of bacon, and less than a quarter lb of gorgonzola cheese  Remember, gorgonzola cheese is STRONG!

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Wash the dates and cut them halfway open the remove the pits.
3. Stuff the dates with gorgonzola cheese depending on how much you like the stuff.  Blue cheese and goat cheese are also good alternatives
4. Wrap bacon around the dates.  Secure the bacon with a toothpick or put the closure on the bottom.
5. Cook for 20- 30 minutes.

 Thats all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment